When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Surviving Huffy Radio Bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Good idea, Shawn! I just am not sure how to make it a "sticky".

I think once this gets off the ground, I would like to have everything saved or typed up like a spreadsheet, instead of having individual posts when each one is registered. Not sure yet how to incorporate that into a forum post.
Just found this at local bike rehab charity. I’ll get SN in next few days. Are parts available to restore

Sorry forgot. I’ll also add more later

0A4A1F10-D21E-4077-9B0E-F6B73197A027.jpeg

Sorry forgot. I’ll also add more later

View attachment 1572406
That’s in very rough condition. Hard to place a value given rarity and condition…this is best sold at an auction. If you must have a retail price, I’d place this at $400 OBO.

The missing seat, handlebars, correct pedals and wheels can be found with time. The tank, rack, and light will be difficult and cost thousands to find. A full restoration like this requires would run $6,000-$9,000 and that is being conservative. The missing parts alone would cost about $3,500. Then the buyer has to figure in the cost to strip this all down, do body work, prep work, paint, correct graphics and pinstripes, re-chrome and re-nickle all the plated parts.

One redeeming quality here, is you’ve got a VERY RARE color. Judging by the oxidation, this was either a green or blue bike. Both colors were optional only, and only advertised in a handful of ads. Green was made for roughly less than a year, blue was ran for only a few months in 1955 and only three known bikes survive in that color.

I’d suggest removing the fork or the crankshaft and get an accurate look at the color this bike was. If it is blue, you’ve found survivor number 4.

Thanks will be listing on DND in next day or 2. Cleared a bit of rust here is pix. Peaked fenders I believe mean 55?

6A4082F5-576D-48AE-87F6-F650D8D0ADF4.jpeg

06357EA1-AA48-412F-82E5-C218ECE997EA.jpeg

The color, and the vin indicate this is a ‘55 model and in a rare green color. Those two spots cleaned up better than I expected. Still will need deep pockets to build this one right.

Back