When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Surviving Huffy Radio Bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
HERE WE GO: A very rare, documented, 1958 model was discovered and is currently owned by Buck Hughes. Heck of a picker - GREAT find buddy!!

SERIAL: 8H549478

Other than missing the rack, a pedal, and tank w/ radio, it seems to retain all of it's correct parts and is in good condition. He could be made complete somewhat easily, since 1955, and 1957-58 Radiobikes all had the same rack and tank assemblies.

100_1399-jpg.671207

Just surfaced on eBay, a mostly complete tank. Correct for 1955, and 1957-58 models. It is unknown what serial number it is from.

a-jpg.jpg

s-l1600-jpg.jpg

I thought I would post this here, and will also post to the Radiobike Registry thread. There has been some difficulty in obtaining the original clutch-head screws that were used on the Huffy Radiobike, and the men's frame Customliner tanks.

I have been in vintage auto restoration in one form or another for several years. From my experience, these screws were used on many classic cars from the 1940's-1960's. They were even used on early Corvettes.

Here are a couple of links to follow in obtaining these screws. No need to buy in bulk! MAKE SURE TO MEASURE YOUR SCREW SIZE FIRST! Also, some applications on these bikes called for panhead screws or oval head screws. Make sure to check that too.

https://www.corvettecentral.com/search?CurrentSearchCategoryId=&q=clutch+screw&count=18

http://www.corvettefasteners.com/products/1953%2d62-Corvette-Clutch-Head-Screws-1{47}4%2d20-x-3{47}4.html

uh-122-jpg.jpg

here is the serial # and some other pics. these couple stickers on the bike lead me to believe this bikes home was once in cali, Who Knows. this tan huffy seat i got 25 years ago along with the bike. I don't know
IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

if its for the radiobike or not. Maybe some1 knows what this seat is. Also i have this chainguard i got online 10 years ago or so. The seller said it would fit the radiobike and just get it repainted, but it doesn't fit. the front mounting bracket lines up good but it doesn't seem to line up with the holes in the back. still looking for correct chain guard. I have not attemped to remove the stickers.

Back