When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Survivor 57 Post Office Cycle Truck

-

tacochris

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Well i let go of one of black phantoms recently to a good friend. Im not trying to corner the market on phantoms, but mainly because i learned about this bike and had to rescue it!
This is a 57 Ross Cycle Truck made by Chain Cycle Company and owned by the Houston Post Office and has spent decades locked in the back stock of a local bicycle shop! For the most part its complete and original but the fact that it has its original sign is the seller to me.
Back fender needs some hammer/dolly work and the lowest fender brace is trashed. It has New Departure inch-pitch in the rear and Bendix model K front.
Blessed to own this beautiful bike!

Only ever seen maybe 3 others of the Ross cycle trucks.

AA6013B9-AA0D-497C-A7B3-D19019EEB980.jpeg

671AA5BF-8045-48A3-BDD7-B501A3B87E82.jpeg

0E8667A5-46DC-4CE1-A067-889B3D478E99.jpeg

D30DC588-33F2-46B0-BD0E-737ACE42E08C.jpeg

E33E8948-5A49-4965-8261-0434AD6E53A3.jpeg

That thing absolutely kicks a$$ Chris. The rare, and I do say rare hits just keep on coming with you. You mentioned it was from a friend, will you get to visit the Phantom every so often? hahaha
Lol nah, he doesnt ride alot but he will keep the phantom safe and add some nice accessories. Small price to pay...i figure if i feel some type of way i can always replace a black phantom but this CT i cant replace!

For those curious as to why it says “USPO Dept” instead of the USPS we’re all used to, here is a tiny excerpt.

View attachment 1704034
Way to go Chris! Stoked for ya, buddy...really cool find
I fell like Charlie Brown on Halloween, Chris says '' found another rare killer bike for my collection" , I say " I got a rock" translation (another blue Stingray) hahaha

Back