When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swap meet...fix your price or negotiate?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So much of this crap on TV now.."I want $1,000"..."I'll give you $200"..."Can't do it..how about $700" ETC, ETC, ETC....think you get my drift.

What do you sellers at swap meets prefer, fixing your price and sticking to it or playing the game? How about you buyers? Piss you off if a seller won't negotiate even if his price is fair? Have to get that last little squeeze?

Really curious.

Mike

I can't be bothered to put prices on most of my stuff. I bring different stuff all the time. Sometimes I'll have 500 head badges with me. Plus another 200 of so parts. And a lot of those are usually taken out of my collection right be for a meet. So I would bet taking prices off when they go back....... Everything is for sale, nothing is priced.

anyone ever watch the PBS show where these 4 people went to the antique shows and bought items for resale? Market Warriors? something like that.
one thing they did all the time was ask "what's your best price on this?" then go ahead and offer way less than the best price. I'd start raising the "best price" after a move like that.

I figure anyone who walks by items with no price really hasn't figured out swap meets and junk sales at all.

I have bought and sold at Flea Markets and swap meets for many years. I try to know the going rate of my items and leave a little room for dealers. I do not price my items in advance.
I usually give someone a price and stick to it- unless they buy several items which helps me more. Then my price gets better on the pile.
For those who want to beat me down to nothing, especially on a good piece- "I love to say, Thanks anyway..."
For some buyers it is a game-- if they can`t get you down even though your price is already too low- they won`t pull the trigger... But that leaves it for someone else who really needs it.

---------Cowboy

Back