When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swap meet...fix your price or negotiate?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The worst to me is sellers who set up and set prices beyond reason and wonder why they dont sell....or won't negotiate.. what's the purpose of a swap ... I thought the reason for a sale is to sell.. not show and tell...... but there's always a few every time....... :0

To add to my previous post, at a bike swap, i price items that are actually worth something. Or if I have a pile of sprockets or something, I'll have a $10 each sticker.

On a side note, I have a black Brooks saddle with the price permanently printed onto the leather, where someone sharpie'd a piece of masking tape and it soaked in, and ripped off some of the dye when the tape came off. So, don't price saddles with masking tape and sharpies.

anyone ever watch the PBS show where these 4 people went to the antique shows and bought items for resale? Market Warriors? something like that.
one thing they did all the time was ask "what's your best price on this?" then go ahead and offer way less than the best price. I'd start raising the "best price" after a move like that.

I figure anyone who walks by items with no price really hasn't figured out swap meets and junk sales at all.

That was a totally stupid show and I hated all those people. There, I feel better now.
But in answer to the original question, I like to see prices and set prices. I assume there will be some negotiation when both buying and selling.

Last edited:
That was a totally stupid show and I hated all those people. There, I feel better now.
But in answer to the original question, I like to see prices and set prices. I assume there will be some negotiation when both buying and selling.
I am happy that you are happy.,now go back to setting prices.

Back