When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swap meet...fix your price or negotiate?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That was a totally stupid show and I hated all those people. There, I feel better now.
But in answer to the original question, I like to see prices and set prices. I assume there will be some negotiation when both buying and selling.

I thought it was a good show. the fact that they never made any money seemed to bother some people, they should have sold the items on ebay to get a more realistic value, those auctions never had but a handful of people.

An addition to my previous post:

As previously stated, watch those stickers, not only on leather seats, but on nos boxes, etc. If you buy something with a miserable sticker right in the middle, a couple of quick shots with a heat gun will usually soften the glue.....unless it stuck on plastic material that may melt! Be patient and go slow whether or not you use heat.

I had one the other day that I "fingernailed" for almost an hour....finally got it all off in bits and pieces.

As a buyer, I look at (or ask) the price. If I can afford it, I buy it. If I can't I move on. I usually do not try to talk someone down in price.

JimK

Can't tell you how many times I've worked a deal out with a buyer at a meet, and agreed on a price. Just to have the buyer say "I don't have any money with me". Happened twice a one meet a few years ago. And it wasn't like they offered to pay pal me. They just didn't have any money.... What kind of .... bag does something like that?

13669001_10210300778899632_8954103763788291166_n.jpg

I have gotten ticked off at a buyer and refused to sell to him even though he offered me my $4000 selling price.I just didnt like the a... hole.He kept knocking my item to get the price down.He finally came within $200 and by that time I had enough of his crap.
You should really try to be nicer to Borass, He can't help being the way he is. I think he means well.

Yeah, I like to see prices..but I understand that some vendors have way too many items to list everything. Without a price I usually don't ask...unless it's something very special. When items are already priced low...I don't try to go lower. I do like to pay a fair price but some vendors think all their items are gold just cuz their old...

People who work with me always get a thanks, makes me feel like I got a deal...most of the time I simply paid what they wanted in the first place

BART

No matter what it is or how NICE the item is ...always convince the seller it is total crap..or a repop.
Make up all kinds of imaginary non existent price comparisons of like items that 'sold' on eBay
for a fraction of the asking price.
Sometimes straight out insulting the seller or his/her
parents or kids works well....or simply telling them they are 'unworthy' of owning such a bicycle or part.

Stolen allegations rule also... Often times I will impersonate law enforcement.....walk up
talking to 'dead air' on my cell phone saying things like, "yeah, the bike is here, looks
like it was given to a fence....I'm about to confiscate it now as evidence...."
etc etc.
Basically try and anything you brain can concoct to screw the seller.

Bob, You are no longer welcome at or near any of my swap meet spaces...... Catfish

No matter what it is or how NICE the item is ...always convince the seller it is total crap..or a repop.
Make up all kinds of imaginary non existent price comparisons of like items that 'sold' on eBay
for a fraction of the asking price.
Sometimes straight out insulting the seller or his/her
parents or kids works well....or simply telling them they are 'unworthy' of owning such a bicycle or part.

Stolen allegations rule also... Often times I will impersonate law enforcement.....walk up
talking to 'dead air' on my cell phone saying things like, "yeah, the bike is here, looks
like it was given to a fence....I'm about to confiscate it now as evidence...."
etc etc.
Basically try and anything you brain can concoct to screw the seller.

Truth be told,when I am junkin,swappin,or yard sailin,I always nickel and dime,but the one thing that has always worked for me is three or four items,one price,cash on the barrelhead son!They bought it their to sell,so I just try to lightin their load

Back