When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sweaty 1950s cinelli

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kccomet

I live for the CABE
picked this 50s cinelli this week, thanks to Dave weber and brant mackley for pickup and delivery, saved me from a 9 hour road trip. im more into early track stuff but ive always wanted and early cinelli. i believe this is a model b. this bike has the cool sweaty vibe that I like. gran sport, early campy hubs, with clement rims. I like everything about it except the bars and stem, which will have to go. posted yesterday on bike forums, juvela if you have anymore insight feel free, you have forgotten more about roadbikes and componets than I'll ever know

20230105_125733.jpg

20230105_125717.jpg

20230105_130914.jpg

20230105_131838.jpg

20230105_132321.jpg

Very nice but what does sweaty vibe mean? I guess I figured it meant it pulled indoor trainer duty and had sweat corrosion, haha!

coolest find in a while on this forum, might have an appropriate brand C steel bar and stem for it, only other is the brake levers.

-----

1673045652739.png

1673045489745.png

1673072979987.png

---

you should be able to retrieve a specific year date from the hub axle locknuts

even if wheels not original to cycle they are definitely contemporaneous

me estimate - MCMLVI

when you visit the Cinelli registry you should be able to bring it very close as well

---

Costante marked chainset is a Gnutti product

here can be seen the distinctive Gnutti chainwheel pattern as shown on the firm's splined cotterless set -

[date of this illustration 1951]

note how fixed cup illustrated as a six notch, the same as on the subject cycle

expect a hollow spindle for the special 74mm shell

machine evidently assembled at either the retailer or owner level rather than the factory

if factory assembled it would have likely received one of the Cinelli-Magistroni sets

bottom bracket shell 74mm in width

frame hearth brazed with sinterized solder

pillar size will be either 26.2 or 26.4 due to manufacturer use of non-double-butted seat tube for stiffness reason

---

original stem/bar set likely Cinelli steel
steel road stems with emblem today commence in the vicissitude of two hundreds

original brake levers likely one of the Fratelli Pietra 300 serie models -

---

should you wish to find an Impero frame pump for the machine the ideal would be an example with the white rubber plug in the end of the handle

this plug is removable permitting the storage of spare spokes within the shaft

also, it would be advisable to locate one of the cast metal Silca heads for the pump rather than a Campag model

here are views of the frame pump on a Cinelli model b of 1955 -

your machine's spokes appear they may be Stella brand

hope you enjoy lots of good fun with this new arrival

---

for readers who may be interested the earlier begun discussion thread on the machine over at BF rests here -

-----

Silca frame pump w:rubber plug b) .jpg

Last edited:
The short stem and long reach bars are appropriate for this bike. I at least like the look! The term in in French for a patina/"sweaty" bike or other object in "en su jus" or "dans son jus" -my French is terrible- "In it's juice"

Back