When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swing Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Still a stupid name......This stood out above the others? lol

PM: The Penguin name came about after choosing the color black for the frame, and using a white polo seat on it. It looked like a Penguin, and everyone agreed. We kicked around many other names, but this one stuck out above all the others.

I agree with you. It is a stupid name. One can only imagine how much stupider the other names were, if this is the name that rose to the top. Sad story for Peter Mole though. Y'know sonny, it kinda reminds me of ol' Pete Best, who got booted out of the Beatles in favor of Ringo, just before they hit the big time. But I digress.

I agree with you. It is a stupid name. One can only imagine how much stupider the other names were, if this is the name that rose to the top. Sad story for Peter Mole though. Y'know sonny, it kinda reminds me of ol' Pete Best, who got booted out of the Beatles in favor of Ringo, just before they hit the big time. But I digress.

Thank you Dave for your opinions.

Mike,
A great article. I, like many others, was the victim of Schwinn's revisionist history concerning the development of the muscle bike. I'm not a big musclebike fan but how cool would it be to have an original Penguin? V/r Shawn

Back