When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swiss army bike tires?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Billythekid

I live for the CABE
I am wondering about tires for a Swiss army bike I have it is a 1942 and the tires are called maloya they are 26”x1and 1/2” any help where to find some vintage tires ??
This it the bike again any help where to get the right tire will be appreciated

C1E71515-E9E5-49E2-B438-4E57D7F019FD.jpeg

C1F542C8-39BD-49DF-B803-A26324E99C89.png

It depends on how original you want your Swiss Army bicycle to be.
You may know that 26 x 1 1/2 is not the same size (diameter) tyre as 26 x 1.5.
Check the ETRTO number or ISO number to be sure of the size you require; Sheldon Brown's site has a good guide to tyre sizing:

Here is a swiss supplier that may be able to help if you can't find any in the USA:

But they're not cheap at 109.50 CHF (Swiss Francs) each plus shipping; that's around $123.25 each to you sir, plus shipping, plus import duty and maybe taxes too!
Hopefully you can find something suitable on your side of the Atlantic!

Thanks I do plan on them being expensive but that’s fine I got a great deal on the bike the tires on it do hold air and I have ridden on them but I really like the way the bike rides and don’t know how far from home I wanna go on the stock tires if anyone has other options I would love to hear them

It appears to me that 26x1-1/2" is probably 650b. If that is the case you will have gobs of options in daily rider (or mountain) type tires marked either 650b or 27.5". The limit will be width and what will clear your bicycle. The possibilities are almost endless if this is your rim size. Take a tire off and figure out a way to measure your rim diameter before buying anything. The rim diameter is measured down where the beads sit, not out at the edge. 650b AKA 27.5" is 584mm.

If you scroll down past the OG Maloya tyres on the swiss link above, you'll see that they have some similar 'Michelin' branded rubber in the same size at a much more reasonable 24 swiss Francs. You may also be able to find these in the USA.

I don't believe you need that. I don't expect you will find any modern tires that have it. If your rims have no rim strips, be sure to put some on.

Back