When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T.O.C racer bike identification and possible date help

-
This would most likely be the correct chainring for the crankset that is on it.

L1040310.JPG

-----

Italian-ness is easily ruled in or out by a check of the bottom bracket thread.

Bianchi pattern fork crown may be an Agrati product.

Regolabile stem & bar set may be from Schierano.

Have you found any marking on the head of the crank arms? One would expect something there...

-----

OMG!....after all this time spending hour and hours looking it was staring me in the face.....lol. Corbetclassics hit it on the nose! Great job... I found the signature as you said on the arm! Wow this ones very special. Possibly a Tour de France racer! Eduardo bianchi designed dropouts ! How exciting... doubt I’ll get that chain ring but now I can look...it’s got to be very early ....built during his lifetime.. any ideas on dating it?
This would most likely be the correct chainring for the crankset that is on it.

View attachment 1085502

460F6B68-F98E-4ACA-A33F-F97713871912.jpeg

AEA9986D-8780-43D9-8715-0CE1267331B0.jpeg

95917DF7-1F4C-46A7-96C2-FDB35BB7D046.jpeg

E99C8D27-FE2C-463D-A3C2-54D57FE48EBD.jpeg

C3757703-F7AD-429C-B75D-B45E2B60B94E.jpeg

Open cutout lugs on about 1926 as seen here on Frank Duesenberg's bike. I've been after this bike for the last 25 yrs.

The fork crown was used throughout these yrs. I guess your bike with the closed lugs could be a couple yrs after or even a couple yrs earlier. My guess would be earlier but only guessing. I'm not familiar with your dropouts and it would be nice to find information on that style.

But I knew your bike was a Bianchi and glad you showed a pic of the crank arm as they are usually stamped there. My Bianchi Track was 30's and slightly different than yours.

L1040308.JPG

Thanks I’ve done some historical info on the bianchi ...what I found out is this is Eduardo bianchis’ design that came out around 1909. He was trying to figure out how to change the gear/ tire without readjusting the tension screws.. so this was his concept. It realeases the wheel and keeps the tension set when you put it back in place.. saves time in a race ...Funky but cool. Also in looking around it seems the use of hand brakes was standard. Can’t remember the date but I think it’s post 1916 for hand brakes....I’ll check again..

He’s got the knowledge but It was always there I’d would have found it eventually... :0 just a little quicker that’s all
023230C9-D601-4777-AF9F-C096AE8CC3C8.jpeg

Back