When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

take a look at shipping lol

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
it seems unreal but you better get ready.shippin is going way up.i tried to ship a bike last week and it has doubled in price.they wanted 167 to ship 3 states over

at least the guy admits to not having a clue when it comes to shipping. i'm thinking this is an honest mistake.

i've also noticed that ebay has new, multiple shipping options, and sometimes the most expensive shows up on the ads.

i find shipping is still pretty reasonable if you pack the bike right, ya just gotta avoid those bulges and the dreaded "one inch oversize" problem (usually the axle bulging the box. removing them can save you a hundred bucks;))

but i do agree that some people are just gouging you. paying a box fee, packing fee, driving to the post office fee, etc..., is kinda ridiculous. i understand it can be a problem for some people to do all the things it takes to ship an item, and to those people i just have this to say; "local pick-up only." seriously. if it's such a burden on you to ship it that you charge more than the item's worth, and more than actual shipping costs (i'm talking lots more, not just 5 or ten bucks) then don't bother.

I may have bought it. Will know in a few hours. Wife says he accepted my offer on ebay. We'll see when I stop by after work. Thanks for posting the link!

I was quoted that much on shipping on the UPS website once. In person in a proper bike box is cheaper. I understand how he would not know.

I got it bought. Super nice guy. Gave me an extra seat too. He misplaced the original crank but says he will look for it. I think I did ok. Thanks again for the link.

You only have to pay E-bay on the selling price and not the shipping. I picked up a RC Boat for $5 and paid $50 in shipping. He didn't pay anything to E-bay for it and it cost about $15 to ship it. I really didn't care what he pays E-Bay. The same boat was about $100 in the stores. E-bay new has buyers rate your shipping prices with stars to discourage this practice (and get more $). It doesn't look like that is what this guy was doing.

i've bought a few things like that. the seller will jack up the shipping price, but dramatically lower the selling price. that way you pay a fair amount for the item, and the seller makes it up on the shipping cost, instead of paying the ebay fees.

in my opinion, that's a pretty good idea...

Back