When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Take it off any sweet jumps ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sccruiser

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_20170420_160652.jpg
Just found this blast from the past. Yours truly bustin air in between skate runs circa 1982. Stock Schwinn cruiser only upgrade is a pair of Oakley grips.! These Schwinn's really are Quality built war horses. Anybody else have stories or pics to share? ... Let's see em ..!

I bought this new 79 spitfire ( from Russell's Schwinn in Downey) for my girlfriends birthday and borrowed it the first day to ride with my nephew and bent the fork jumping, bought a Cardinal red tube fork for it the next day but she still wasn't happy. this is in 1979 or 80 still jumping with my nephew of a wood ramp in the street.
IMG_4287.JPG
IMG_4288.JPG

Last edited:
I bought this new 79 spitfire ( from Russell's Schwinn in Downey) for my girlfriend birthday and borrowed it to ride with my nephew and bent the fork the first day jumping, bought a Cardinal red tube fork for it the next day but she still wasn't happy. this is in 79 or 80 still jumping with my nephew of a wood ramp in the street.View attachment 460470View attachment 460471
Thats what im talkin bout !!

Oh man I wish I had pics of my first jumper. It was 1976 and a local bike shop in Dallas cobbled together a "bmx" bike for my 8th birthday using a black Stingray frame and Ashtabula parts. It had those clear Hex grips that were slicker than Owl poop on an axe handle when they got wet and the rear wheel was a single silver Motomag. Memories.

Oh man I wish I had pics of my first jumper. It was 1976 and a local bike shop in Dallas cobbled together a "bmx" bike for my 8th birthday using a black Stingray frame and Ashtabula parts. It had those clear Hex grips that were slicker than Owl poop on an axe handle when they got wet and the rear wheel was a single silver Motomag. Memories.
Yep .. the evolution of BMX We were somewhere between Roger Decoster and Evel Knievel ... Man I feel old !

I bought this new 79 spitfire ( from Russell's Schwinn in Downey) for my girlfriends birthday and borrowed it the first day to ride with my nephew and bent the fork jumping, bought a Cardinal red tube fork for it the next day but she still wasn't happy. this is in 1979 or 80 still jumping with my nephew of a wood ramp in the street.View attachment 460470View attachment 460471
Awesome pic, sweet hair!

Back