When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking Bikes to Car Shows

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

deepsouth

Finally riding a big boys bike
I took two bikes to local car show last night. Got a lot of lookers and compliments. I had a lot of people asking questions about the bikes. Anyone else ever do this?
IMG_20170610_195451325_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170610_200639362.jpg

All the time. We have a monthly one by me and I try to take something different every time. I took the Robin there just last Friday and there is another one in town today but I need to find out if we're going to the movies or if I can skip out and go to the show

Have done this for the past couple of summers. There are auto swaps all over New England at the various racetracks and airports. There is a lot of cross over interest between old bikes and old cars & motorcycles and vintage in general. Having a great bike in your booth or riding one around shopping is a great icebreaker, most everyone loves an old bike.

I attend a couple Cruise nights a month. One every Saturday at different locations. Some allow bikes if they are stationary and not ridden around. A couple don't allow them at all. Most adults would act responsible with a bike at a car show, but how do you tell an 8 year old kid on a bike or a skateboard or scooter to do the same, I have seen accidents happen that could have been prevented.

The bmx kids go nuts at a couple of the shows and it's kind of fun to watch! You have to stay out of their way. Funniest thing I saw was when a couple of them crashed into each other at high speed what a yard sale! Some of the tracks have super high bank walls that are a trip to scoot around on. The Stafford show in particular is pretty darn fun because there is somewhat of a rowdy redneck atmosphere during setup and in the wee hours overnight.

100-5984-jpg-20151023-800x534.jpg

Back