When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking Schwinn out of mothballs.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think it will be good for the seat. It won't require wiping down or reapplying as frequently as the less viscous break-free. I put it on a corner of the seat just to see how it looked. Found the original padding for the seat too.

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

my favorite rust remover is muratic acid-pool stuff-very nasty-cleans rust away in minutes-then neutralize with soap-rinse. but have to use caution when using-vapors are strong-burns the skin. still haven't figured what to use on surface rusty painted stuff without destroying the paint. the oxy bath supposedly does just that. hummmmm…...

Some of the readings I've done state that phosphoric acid unlike muriatic acid which is basically industrial grade hydrochloric acid does not mitigate rust by a corrosive process that continues after the rust is gone. Instead it contains whatever traces of rust are still there. It must be protected by some type of overcoat or it will eventually wash away and the natural oxidation process will continue. With the muriatic the corrosion and etching process continues and it is tough to get all traces off the part. This is just a laymen,s understanding of a bunch of google searches and may not be entirely correct.

my favorite rust remover is muratic acid-pool stuff-very nasty-cleans rust away in minutes-then neutralize with soap-rinse. but have to use caution when using-vapors are strong-burns the skin. still haven't figured what to use on surface rusty painted stuff without destroying the paint. the oxy bath supposedly does just that. hummmmm…...

That black paint on the seat has been soaked for over 10 hours with no real degradation. I'm not ready to stick the frame in a bath though until I test it on something else. The mixture I used was pretty weak.

I am kinda waiting to see what you can do with painted stuff. mine has the surface rust on the painted areas and I am living with it for now.

Glad to see this bike getting this kind of attention. When they are not to far gone...aged refurbished bikes in my opinion have more character than an over restored too shinny trailer queen with the fear being that itll get scratched....no worries for the original paint bikes...knicks scuffs general wear tell a good story....mostly that they were loved!!

Like your bike......I have personally never seen one of those kickstands!!! I noticed that your bike has the Morrow brake with a standard chain......Thats not something you see everyday!!! Good Luck on your project........

Back