When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tale of 2 Ivers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Big Moe

I live for the CABE
1 is a 1941 survivor, the other is a 1916 headed for restoration. Enjoy.

20210416_114817.jpg

20210416_114827.jpg

20210416_114832.jpg

Hi dasberger, thank you for the close up of your rims. Were all of the iver Johnson rims painted like this or did some of them come through as plain shellac ? Thanks Charlie

If you are looking for info on a specific bike I would search the catalog for that year

From what I've seen the early TOC catalogs mention 28" wood wheels with steel optional. Some years specify natural wood. A lot of the original examples I've seen have the same Iver paint scheme as mine. I know in 1916 wood was standard and steel or steel lined were optional equipment. Its funny as detailed as the Iver catalogs were there wasn't much discussion on paint colors for wheels which leads me to believe that scheme was the standard. If they had options I guess they would be listed.

Metal clad and steel became prevalent and then they started doing a faux yellow wood with pinstripes. I have seen them called wood but if you look closely at the wheels on my late 30's twin loop you can see rust and the profile is obviously steel. Then mens version has a different profile and double pinstripes.

IMG_9214.jpg

Back