When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tall Elgin Motorbike project, Looks similar to Sears Chief

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bikewhorder

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I've got this frame, fork and all parts shown for $230 shipped in the lower 48. I'll ship elsewhere for $195+ actual shipping charges. I don't see any real issues with it except for a dent in the right rear seat stay. To my eye this frame looks identical to the red in cream one in post #168 in this thread. http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?20560-Show-your-Davis-built-bicycles/page17

and the sears chiefs featured in this thread with the exception of the truss rods being slightly different.

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...ntation-amp-Bike-Thread&highlight=sears+chief

P1050353_zps4b9c146b-1.jpg

P1050355_zps02f03dc5-1.jpg

P1050357_zps0ec6680d-1.jpg

P1050361_zps316a1551-1.jpg

P1050362_zps87db0398-1.jpg

P1050358_zpscbef3563-1.jpg

P1050356_zps4be48f4f-1.jpg

great deal!

It does look the same as those others you referenced except the fork which yours looks like the early HD roadster fork with truss plates/rods added. Michigan City Excelsior built would be my guess due to the lower cross bar joint at the seat tube via Ivo's post in Davis thread.

What is the seat tube length?

The seat tube length from the center of the crank to the top of the tube is 20 1/2" It would be about 21 1/2 if the top tube didn't drop down. The top tube is about 23" CTC. Pm me if your interested for the quickest response.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back