When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tandem forebrakes on an S2 wheel.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

30thtbird

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a set of forebrakes (front and rear) that I removed from a 50s Schwinn tandem. I'm wanting to put them on my 95 anniversary Black Phantom. They are not marked Schwinn. They are not high flange. What length spokes do I need? Will the Schwinn scripted pork chops on ebay fit these brakes? Thanks for any information guys.

My understanding is they are wider than regular hubs.Also I wouldn't be surprised if the diameters of spokes were larger than regular gauge My experience comes from buying script hub that in ebay add looked normal but upon receipt was clearly larger.

The Town & Country tandems used Schwinn expander brakes for the most part of the 50's. They also used Union pieces later so I have to doubt the parts are interchangeable.

I believe these are Unions. Still no clue on spoke lengths I would need to mount them on S2 wheels? Although it's been a few years, I think the spoke sizes were small. That's what the holes look like in the hub as well.

Back