When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tange

-

fshbydesign.com

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have recently picked up a Tange 26” bmx style bike. I was told it is from about 1983. The forks are not original but It did come with one original Arya rim. I will be getting the original forks soon, and hope to finish the build this summer. Does anyone have any additional information on this bike? I would love to see some literature, and discussion on rarity. Any help would be Appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:
Nice score! I do not believe Tange marketed frames though they did make forks. I wonder if this is a Ross Mt. Hood, a period mountain bike that was available in chrome. The frame looks more MTB than BMX to me.

I have no idea what those cranks are but if you'd like to sell, keep me in mind. Thanks!

Nice score! I do not believe Tange marketed frames though they did make forks. I wonder if this is a Ross Mt. Hood, a period mountain bike that was available in chrome. The frame looks more MTB than BMX to me.

I have no idea what those cranks are but if you'd like to sell, keep me in mind. Thanks!
This is what came with the bike

24129F34-B6BC-4368-8824-0DAAEB5F9937.jpeg

Yes, that's a very common tubing decal for bikes to have but it is not the way the bike was branded/marketed. For example, my Bianchi has a Columbus tubing decal just like that.

The more I'm looking at this the more I'm thinking Ross Mt. Hood. The sticker could've also been an add-on. I don't recall many/any purple tubing decals. Might have been a custom to keep with the crankset motif. The fork is not stock for a Mt. Hood but ironically that could be a Tange TRX fork. Very desirable.

Have a gander: https://www.google.com/search?q=ros...WVZ80KHXTxDesQ_AUoAXoECBQQAw&biw=1519&bih=801
Looked a bit closer and can make out “assent” so maybe an old Diamondback mtb

Back