When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tank chain guard???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Skip Montanaro

Look Ma, No Hands!
I just stumbled on an eBay listing for what the seller describes as a "tank chain guard."

This sort of stuff isn't my bailiwick (not a balloon tire bike type), but this is bugging me. I'm having trouble seeing how this is a chain guard.

Screenshot_20230430-060031.png

If it is a chain guard, why isn't there a larger opening for the non-drive-side crank arm? If it isn't a chain guard, what is the purpose of the larger drive-side hole?

I just stumbled on an eBay listing for what the seller describes as a "tank chain guard."

This sort of stuff isn't my bailiwick (not a balloon tire bike type), but this is bugging me. I'm having trouble seeing how this is a chain guard.

View attachment 1829790

If it is a chain guard, why isn't there a larger opening for the non-drive-side crank arm? If it isn't a chain guard, what is the purpose of the larger drive-side hole?
That is a ladies tank not a chain guard

This is an example why you need to know what you are looking for when buying on Ebay, I have seen many mislabeled and incorrect information on Ebay, usually due to the seller not really knowing exactly what they are selling.

Thanks folks. Makes a bit more sense, but I'm still confused about what the larger hole is for. (Sorry, I really am completely unfamiliar with any nuances related to balloon tire bikes.)

Sometimes sellers throw extra words in the ad/listing which are known as keywords. It's just a tactic to make their listing show up more often when someone does a search.

Back