When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tank fabrication ideas?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I used the pvc for running cable across rooftops when I worked in the cell phone installation industry.

We cut it in sections and stuck it under the cable tray to raise it off the roof.

Your link says it comes in 10' lengths at $10.42 a foot, so for $104.20 you'll get a bunch of grey tanks. Pvc doesn't like paint too much.

But don't let me stop you...

Just spend the money and buy my tank
120 shipped to your door step. It will save you a lot of time trying to make one.
20160729_154930.jpg
20160729_155128.jpg

I used the pvc for running cable across rooftops when I worked in the cell phone installation industry.

We cut it in sections and stuck it under the cable tray to raise it off the roof.

Your link says it comes in 10' lengths at $10.42 a foot, so for $104.20 you'll get a bunch of grey tanks. Pvc doesn't like paint too much.

But don't let me stop you...
Ok.. So I found some metal 3x3 framing studs. Cut it with my grinder wheel to fit into its place on bike. Since I had only 3 sided stud I will need to set a top on it, needs some fine tuning, it's a prototype, took 30 minutes to get this far.... I'll post another pic when I do this. This tank is for my old colson flyer. Won't be original equipment but will do for show, for the time being.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Now, thinking about it, I should do another one with the open side of the 3x3 on the bottom of the tank...

Last edited:
Back