When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tank/Frame ID?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Terry66

Finally riding a big boys bike
So I found this tank thinking it fit a Huffman/Huffy style frame, but that wasn't right. I mean it fits in the frame opening just fine, but this tank closes over the top bar and looks like it also goes around the down tube under the tank. Any ideas what this came off of?

redtank1.jpg

redtank2.jpg

redtank3.jpg

Thanks and that's what I thought at first. If my tank fit inside the frame like that one, it would be almost perfect, but my tank wraps over the top bar and does something similar on the down tube. Ends up with about a 1" space below the bottom of tank and the bar on the frame. I have a 40s and a 50s Huffman frame. I'll try to get some pics.

Still might be a Huffy product but maybe a 24"?

Thanks and that's what I thought at first. If my tank fit inside the frame like that one, it would be almost perfect, but my tank wraps over the top bar and does something similar on the down tube. Ends up with about a 1" space below the bottom of tank and the bar on the frame. I have a 40s and a 50s Huffman frame. I'll try to get some pics.

Still might be a Huffy product but maybe a 24"?

Ah, I see that now. Could be a 24" I suppose.
Maybe a someone with Huffy knowledge will know.
I'd start googling for images of bikes of that era: late 40s early 50s

Back