When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tank is Sold! Prewar schwinn 1938-40 hanging cantilever tank good reproduction

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Thanks Jose!

Not positive, but this could either be made a good while back by the good folks at Chestnut Hollow or possibly Aaron Thomas of Portland. In any case an aluminum casting that is actually quite good! Some minor finishing to be done, but very very minor. I'd call this one 95%! Gills could use some finer detailing, but unlike some of these repro tanks, they actually are Gills with openings, unlike the "faux" gills of cheaper copies. That is the ONLY real issue at all, and it's very minor as the gills aren't bad, just could be filed a little more to more closely resemble sheet metal stamping as opposed to a cast item. Paint job is so-so, not pro at all but does the trick in a pinch, switch is in the top and functional, has the hangers.....this could really fool anyone once you popped it in your cantilevers gap! I've seen the prices of these all across the board, I'm going to start with 450.00 shipped and go from there. Nice METAL tank, not fiberglass, both sides screw together and contours are pretty darn decent on this one!

Email direct to [email protected] if you can use it

tanka.jpg
tank.jpg
tank3.jpg
tank2.jpg
tank4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back