When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tank light !help!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

A_J

Look Ma, No Hands!
This seems too simple not to work. But yet here I am. I've replaced the two bulbs. Batteries are good (borrowed them from a currently working flashlight) I snipped the old wire ends and redid them I sanded down the connections to clean them up I've put extra pressure down on the metal piece of the switch to make sure it was making connection when "on". Tried batteries both ways just to satisfy the idiot in me. not pro at wiring but when I clamp onto the wire coming from battery with my power probe the probe lights. Probe Also lights up when I touch around bulb sockets. Could be using the damned thing wrong though I don't know! Suggestions?
15188119117791406794784.jpg
1518811958851392405473.jpg

Somewhere on this forum I have a repair guide thread for tank lights. I will say this, you need a ground. Put the tank together, just like it would be on the bike. The tank is the ground. Motorcycles, trucks, and cars all work on the same principle since the tires act as an insulator to the Earth.

Somewhere on this forum I have a repair guide thread for tank lights. I will say this, you need a ground. Put the tank together, just like it would be on the bike. The tank is the ground. Motorcycles, trucks, and cars all work on the same principle since the tires act as an insulator to the Earth.
Thanks I'll give it a shot! It didn't dawn on me that I'd need the tank on the friggin bike to make the lights work lol makes sense though! If nothing else I'll look up your guide.

As stated, you need a ground. The electricity must complete the circuit from the positive end of the battery through the switch, bulbs and back to the negative end of the battery. The little nub on the end of the bulb is positive and the outside of the base is negative.

Back