When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taylor Tricycyle

-

57SIDECAR

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello, Just picked this little beauty up this morning. With what info I have found is it 1930s? Did they put any numbers on it,I gave it a quick look didn't see any.What I would like to know is original parts. Seat,tires,grips, did the bell come with it or after market. If anybody can give a ballpark price for it, that would also be great. Thanks

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

From what I see it is all original, including the springer seat. The bell may or may not have been an added accessory after it was purchased. I'm not sure when Taylor first went to this design style in their tricycles, but I do know it was used over several years. At least until the early 1950s. I have one identical to it in the 12" front wheel size. Yours looks to be a 16" model. Can't give an accurate value as I bought mine on ebay several years ago for less than $50, not including shipping. The only thing missing is the rear hub caps which are commonly missing on many I've seen, including mine. These are very well made tricycles that can hold up to a lot of hard use by children.

Dave

Thanks Dave. For its age and looking it over it can still be used today with no problem.
Thinking a little more about the age of it, it most likely dates to the 1940s. The 1930s Taylor trikes had the same frame but a more streamlined seat. Here's a photo from ebay of a 1930s Taylor. Notice the streamlined seat and art deco fender braces, yet the frame is identical.

1930s Taylor.jpg

I’d say it’s post war-late 40s. A little rough but looks fairly complete except for what Dave mentioned. I’d say somewhere around $100 maybe. Here’s mine which may be a year or so after yours. V/r Shawn

Back