When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teens bike ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The truss frame bicycle in the link provided, might be an A&S, but I believe that those pictures might show round rear forks at the bottom bracket, and curved bridges ‘tween stays.
Excelsior Michigan City head badge holes might be about 2+7/8 inches, (or even less from Indonesia), which might be considered somewhat close to 3”.

I believe it is Schwinn-Made.
1917 Schwinn/Excelsior catalog
(no pic of three plate crown)

Last edited:
so after so more looking around, I noticed a lot of similarities between my frame and other teens schwinn built bikes. I asked Jesse McCauley (I’d tag him but idk his cabe handle) and he says the Schwinn World badge has just under 3” hole spacing. I also asked someone who has an excelsior badge and he says they’re about 3” spacing aswell. Also I found an old thread about a 1916ish excelsior with a very similar serial number placement as mine. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/arnold-schwinn-excelsior-truss-bar-dating.56941/
So is it safe to assume it’s a schwinn built bike of some variety?

Can't rule out Snyder. Later Snyder/Rollfasts have a similar triple crown fork. The sprocket looks early Snyder for sure.

Mostly side holes; about 1+1/2” plus or minus, (if I recall correctly).

I believe that the numbers stamped into the crank shaft read, “760”. Seen a couple of those but never thought of them as old(?).

Last edited:
Back