When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

teens maybe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ozzmonaut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I don't know much about this bike. I'm guessing at least 1920 or earlier. Crank has a shape that fits the inside of the chainring so no locator. Has the cool pedals, block chain, fixed gear. Badge is missing, no mfr. info on the hubs that I can see. Seat is holding up nice but needs the adjustment bolt. Also what type of chain adjuster setup would this take? Any help would be appreciated
SANY1155.jpg
SANY1156.jpg
SANY1157.jpg
SANY1158.jpg
SANY1159.jpg
SANY1160.jpg
SANY1161.jpg
blue mead.JPG

My estimate would be 1919 to 1925. Axle adjusters look to be same as what the Hawthorns (monkey wards) had.

So this chain is probably not correct for this bike? Pedals look earlier as well. The seatpost is odd, and there is no place to cinch the frame. The post just goes in the top and there are a couple of holes in the frame as well as the post and a screw goes through whichever height you choose.

I heard some race bikes still use block chain (although I'm not convinced). I'm thinking "darts" came after 1908 as well. I have a Century that had rat traps but a roller chain. So either they used rats till 1910 or so or maybe my chain was replaced...although everything appeared original with the bike. I had a Junior Sears cycle that had darts and a block chain (no master).
Fenders generaly came into use about 1914, but they were the flatter style, and the deeper ones (like yours) began about 1919ish. Your stenm is mid/late 30's so that won't help us.

Frame, fork, fenders look 1920's to me & do not look Westfield to me. Maybe Great Western Manufacturing LaPorte, Ind makers of Adlake and Crown???? Chainring looks like some styles they used as well. Pedals & block chain look early 1900's.

Back