When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teens Mead Ranger Frame? ID Help.

-
I found the Mead cranks and chain ring I told you about. PM sent....

Also I found some Mead head tube cups with bearings, seat stem & shim, and front fender with the holes for the light. ( check your emails )

Last edited:
Here is the serial. Any idea?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395530888.357351.jpg

Shooting from the hip here. I'd say your frame is 20's, maybe earlier. The frame you just put up looks Schwinn built and maybe early 30's.
My 34 Schwinn built Ranger has a similar stamp, but starts with a 5.
So I'm thinking earlier 20's and early 30's.
All you have are frames. These parts are going to cost loads more than complete bike cost, so do it for the fun/passion. Good luck and see what others chime in with before you start buying parts.
- Nick

Shooting from the hip here. I'd say your frame is 20's, maybe earlier. The frame you just put up looks Schwinn built and maybe early 30's.
My 34 Schwinn built Ranger has a similar stamp, but starts with a 5.
So I'm thinking earlier 20's and early 30's.
All you have are frames. These parts are going to cost loads more than complete bike cost, so do it for the fun/passion. Good luck and see what others chime in with before you start buying parts.
- Nick

Thank you for the great info. I don't plan to track down all the parts. Niether of these frames are that special to me. I plan to build then as a somewhat nice riders...Probably just Ratty period correct bikes.

Bingo! ;). Ya got get the Ranger badge and chainring for sure. Have fun. I'll chime back in if something illuminates itself.

I can tell you that I bought that bicycle completely original and the crank that came out was dated 1923.
Here is a picture of the bike before it was parted out.
allbicycles041_zpsc369413c-1.jpg

Back