When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teens "Rambler" model question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Regarding Model 172, my first thought based upon the number is 1901 like the other year catalogs suggest. What made me think it might not be made in 1901 is the existence of Rambler badges with the year 1901 printed on the badge, while my badge only has the model number.

This thread shows an 01 badge with a 2 digit model number.

Also basing the model/year assumption on the few catalogs I have and have seen, I have thought, if not 1901, then maybe 1911. But if they stopped producing the lugs in 08, then my bike could not be a 11.

So maybe they switched from 2 digit model numbers in the middle of 01 to three digit model numbers.

Thanks,
Chris
It is 100% not a 1901. That badge style wasn't used until 03. The numbers for 01 are double digits. Here is the list of 01 models and their corresponding bikes I put together one day.

What year do you think it is? Thanks, Chris
I've seen 1911 a couple times but I don't know for sure without a catalog but it's a place to start.

Back