When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tell me about this us aaf 31670

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ratdaddy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
26" looks like old racer frame has provisions for hand brakes.new departure front and rear.# on bottom bracket is k59742.skiplink.has brass plate riveted on side of frame that says us aaf 31670

Attachments

• 001..JPG
    001..JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 002..JPG
    002..JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 70
Looks to be a columbia.Can you tell us any more about the bicycle?Who it belonged to?How you came to have it,etc?Is it for sale?
I've ask on a military site but so far no replys---military bicycles were ballooner type not the lightweight style---but the tag does look like a us army air force ID (the air force was originally part of the army)

Looks to be a columbia.Can you tell us any more about the bicycle?Who it belonged to?How you came to have it,etc?Is it for sale?
I've ask on a military site but so far no replys---military bicycles were ballooner type not the lightweight style---but the tag does look like a us army air force ID (the air force was originally part of the army)

i think military bikes as a whole were lightwieghts this statement is incorrect

I got it when i bought out a bike collection.it came out of the dallas texas irvine area.there is a airforce base there.i think in ft worth.might sell or might be interested in a trade.

The US Government had contracts with Columbia and Huffman for bicycles(ballon tire models) during WW2,it's possible that other types were submitted for testing before they settled on the balloon tire models.Also a lot of civilian model bikes were used on military bases as the personal property of individual soldiers,this could be one of those(gas was rationed during the war,so bicycles were quite popular)

If it is a Columbia Bicycle the k59742 number means it is a 1946 vintage Columbia bicycle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back