When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ten Most Collectible Bikes Of All Time

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My goal when I first started out in the hobby was to obtain the most deluxe, most unique, and most unusual models in original paint across all of the balloon tire manufacturers.
This diversity has remained my specialty and to put in plainly, I like way too many classic bicycle to confine myself.
As far as lists, I don't mind sharing my personal rank and don't get upset when some else excludes a bicycle/brand to my liking as this is a forum for exchanging opinions and ideas, not a pagentry.
Chris

I Am Listless But You Can Help.

I'd like to see someone put together a top ten list for some of the following different brand bicycles:
Elgin/Columbia, CWC, Huffman/Huffy, Murray, Schwinn, Iverson (if at all possible), Colson, etc.

The list should be separate for each brand, and include the top ten collectibles for each.

Best regards, F.A.

Lists are for those that collect. The Must haves. The ones that will die trying to fulfill their dreams and desires. Then what?

I always wanted a beautiful bike when I was a small kid. Now I just like to see them. Not "own" them all. And yet I still don't believe that there is anything so wrong with having a "bucket list" of nice old things. The problem is realizing the obvious...cost over desire. Do we sell the farm to acquire the bike of our childhood dreams? Some people have that sickness (I call it). In the short time I've been a enthusiast I've tried to curb this enthusiasm. The nice ones ARE out there, and maybe we can some day own a few of them. Admire them, polish them, show them off, but lets not forget the most important thing...RIDE THEM! While it's cool to view a nice collection of chrome, paint and rubber, it kills me to know that they are just stuck somewhere and not enjoyed for what they were intended...riding.

Train collections are even cooler when they are on a track and running circles around a nicely crafted town. Paintings are a wonder when you consider their age and what materials were used to create them. Musical instruments are best when they are played and heard by people that appreciate the talent to make and play them. Bicycles really don't belong on a list...they belong on the streets!

Enjoy what you have, share it with others. Let them take a turn on your work of art!

What about the Schwinn Paramount bikes? I guess it depends on who you talk to. I would love to have an old Schwinn Phantom but I'm certainly not ashamed of my 1978 Paramount P13-9 Racer as a collector bike.

Last edited:
I would love to have an Elgin Bluebird but I dont think it needs to be in any top ten list forced on to anyone else. I own a reproduction Schwinn Black Phantom that I enjoy more than my friends original because it looks nicer to me. I also like English Roadsters, vintage road bikes and pretty much anything vintage bicycle related. We all like what we like and enjoy the bicycle hobby in our own way. I really appreciate the Gallery on here. As some of us are more fortunate than others, I appreciate them sharing there fine collections with the rest of us.

Lists are for those that collect. The Must haves. The ones that will die trying to fulfill their dreams and desires. Then what?

I always wanted a beautiful bike when I was a small kid. Now I just like to see them. Not "own" them all. And yet I still don't believe that there is anything so wrong with having a "bucket list" of nice old things. The problem is realizing the obvious...cost over desire. Do we sell the farm to acquire the bike of our childhood dreams? Some people have that sickness (I call it). In the short time I've been a enthusiast I've tried to curb this enthusiasm. The nice ones ARE out there, and maybe we can some day own a few of them. Admire them, polish them, show them off, but lets not forget the most important thing...RIDE THEM! While it's cool to view a nice collection of chrome, paint and rubber, it kills me to know that they are just stuck somewhere and not enjoyed for what they were intended...riding.

Train collections are even cooler when they are on a track and running circles around a nicely crafted town. Paintings are a wonder when you consider their age and what materials were used to create them. Musical instruments are best when they are played and heard by people that appreciate the talent to make and play them. Bicycles really don't belong on a list...they belong on the streets!

Enjoy what you have, share it with others. Let them take a turn on your work of art!

^ Best New Member award. Welcome to the CABE, keep up the well-written and rational posts.

Beauty is in the eye...

I have to agree with Chris "scrubbinrims". I as an artist find real beauty in some of the most unusual, odd ball bikes.
These bikes may not be on someones most collectible list, or they may not be very popular, but they are different and beautiful.
I collected classic cars for 40 years, and I have to tell you that I got very tired of seeing '57 Chevys, '67 Chevelles, and '65 Mustangs.
Yes, those cars will always be highly collectible, but way too common for me. Show me a '48 Chrysler Town & country, '65 Ford Country Squire Wagon, or a '59 Chevy El Camino.
Anyway, my point is that yes, I guess all of those Schwinns are highly sought after and very collectible, but I still find beauty in my '41 Rollfast, '47 Colson & especially my '51 Color Flow.
I am not bashing Schwinns, and I even have a few, but if everyone just had Schwinns, this would be one boaring hobby.
Everyone be proud of what you own, whatever it is......................Wayne

Back