When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terminology

-
What if the front fork has holes for the axle and not slots to where the wheel just drops out? This is some simple schit here guys, and there is a very simple reason why these fork ends are called drop outs.

snippity do dah day.
that is the beauty of these, never have to worry about the wheel dropping out.

Having a cute name for a bike part is not a big deal and is pretty much acceptable. Calling something that it is not is not acceptable. Calling a front fork "forks" is....... I don't know, stupid? A 1" pitch chain ring is called a skip tooth. Well it's missing every other tooth so the cute name fits. When it comes to a drop out rear fork end, it's either a drop out fork end or it is not! There is a reason why that type of fork end is call a drop out and mixing things all up calling a fork end a forward facing drop out or rear facing drop out is just ridiculous. How all this started is beyond me and I still can't believe that someone that has been in this hobby or dealt with bikes for decades is still playing in the sandbox.

says the guy who finds it acceptable to call a part a ‘pie plate’! C’mon man a lot of terms are used that aren’t technically correct but when 90% of the people use it and it’s understood then what’s the problem? Tell ya what I’ll keep collecting and having fun and you can be the vocabulary policeman!

says the guy who finds it acceptable to call a part a ‘pie plate’! C’mon man a lot of terms are used that aren’t technically correct but when 90% of the people use it and it’s understood then what’s the problem? Tell ya what I’ll keep collecting and having fun and you can be the vocabulary policeman!

You were in the Army right? Did you call a magazine a clip or vise versa? The way you are thinking in this topic I can only assume so.

Back