When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terminology

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A few years back, before I retired, I was telling the students in a math class that a pound sign (#) could be used to represent number. I'm still hoping it was all in fun, but every one in the class told me I was wrong. "It's not a pound sign, it's a hash tag!" Gotta keep yourself in the present.

I think English may be a second hobby for some.
From some of the stuff I read on a couple of Facebook forums, I think that English may not be a first hobby or even a priority - and I'm referring to native English speakers, not the French and Germans who use the Google translate tool. I think it was Forrest Gump who said "Stupid is as stupid does." He must have seen into the future and we are there now.

Does it bug anyone else that capitalization and punctuation have seemed to have disappeared from some writers' repertoire?

Ed

From some of the stuff I read on a couple of Facebook forums, I think that English may not be a first hobby or even a priority - and I'm referring to native English speakers, not the French and Germans who use the Google translate tool. I think it was Forrest Gump who said "Stupid is as stupid does." He must have seen into the future and we are there now.

Does it bug anyone else that capitalization and punctuation have seemed to have disappeared from some writers' repertoire?

Ed
I had always thought that being capable of expressing yourself was an asset. Written and spoken. I find that many of my assumptions were wrong.

Back