When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terminology

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
FWIW, I prefer "Drop outs" 'cause that's what they do.
Fork tips should stay with the fork where they belong.
Oops, I said "Stay"

What if the front fork has holes for the axle and not slots to where the wheel just drops out? This is some simple schit here guys, and there is a very simple reason why these fork ends are called drop outs.

I'm really curious as to what you are actually referring too Bri since someone years ago muddied this all up and then it took off like the wild fires in California. Are you calling an actual drop out a drop out or the prewar fork end a drop out? If you're calling the prewar fork end a drop out, that's the wrong description because the wheel does not drop out. Simple description that's used explaining the type of a rear fork end, so why dumb it down and then having to mention what direction the slot is facing.

Anyone here have an extra pulley with teeth like this one? It has to be a skip toothed pulley, and I prefer the sweat heart toothed pulley like this one.

1602455866565.png

Last edited:
What if the front fork has holes for the axle and not slots to where the wheel just drops out? This is some simple schit here guys, and there is a very simple reason why these fork ends are called drop outs.

I'm really curious as to what you are actually referring too Bri since someone years ago muddied this all up and then it took off like the wild fires in California. Are you calling an actual drop out a drop out or the prewar fork end a drop out? If you're calling the prewar fork end a drop out, that's the wrong description because the wheel does not drop out. Simple description that's used explaining the type of a rear fork end, so why dumb it down and then having to mention what direction the slot is facing.

Anyone here have an extra pulley with teeth like this one? It has to be a skip toothed pulley, and I prefer the sweat heart toothed pulley like this one.

View attachment 1282405
If that is a pulley than legs are the pushy?

Back