When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terminology

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
We call the rear facing 'whatchamacallits' "Track -ends" across the pond.

And by the way, anyone know what to call these.....

..... and for that matter, never mind the "what", surely (when it comes to the example above) we should be asking "why"?????

The 'thingamyjigs' in the photo are French.

Last edited:
If a rear-facing axle fitment frame is on a stand and tilted up in the front, will the rear wheel "drop out" of the frames' axle slots?:p

Pretty neat chain tensioner adjustment solution! Different axle widths or manual chain adjust for two front rings?
1602511224225.png

Last edited:
Well it's a lot easier to call them front & rear facing dropouts or axle slots because most people understand that ( it's all I have heard them called all my life! ), If I called them rear fork slots I'd spend most of my time trying to edgamacate everyone what I'm talking about, when it comes to bicycles/motorcycles most people know a fork as the thing that the handlebars turns to steer front wheel.try using some of the technical terms about cars, computers etc. and see the blank stares you get. when is the last time you heard ck out that saddle! unless your riding a horse. shortcut terminology everywhere. Don't got the time to worry about all this, but one thing bugs me is when I hear "skip ah tooth":astonished:
Just type "bicycle saddle" into your Ebay search. You'll have to sort through all sorts of horse related stuff.

Took me a while to learn some of the "terms" when I got into this hobby. To me if you don't know what I mean when I say rear dropout, chain ring or Delta "mouse" ( how about that one !) you just haven't been in the hobby long or don't care to learn about it. All hobbies and past times have slang. Go tell a Chevy guy his "big block" doesn't look any bigger then a normal V8 or tell a biker those aren't dog bones, their handle bar risers ! Come on people this is a fun interesting hobby and having you own "language" is part of the fun. If you haven't heard that "word" before, do what I do, research it.

Back