When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terminology

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Most millenials have no f'ing idea how to use a rotary phone, never seen a payphone (not 1 you buy service for) & don't have a clue what dial up 56k was.
To be fair, I think this applies more to Gen Z kids, not so much millennials. Source: am millennial. Though I may be a bit of an exception, as I love old tech, and I remember when there were payphones at every gas stop. And oh man, I am so glad I don't live out in the country like my relatives do. I think they had dial-up even 10 years ago!

To be fair, I think this applies more to Gen Z kids, not so much millennials. Source: am millennial. Though I may be a bit of an exception, as I love old tech, and I remember when there were payphones at every gas stop. And oh man, I am so glad I don't live out in the country like my relatives do. I think they had dial-up even 10 years ago!
I guess that is True about the Z gen kids but I was always being taught about old tech stuff by my dad. I know what a reel to reel is, record players, 8 tracks, rotary phones, commodore 64s, & cast iron etc so a little bit of every thing or enough to be dangerous hahaha

I guess that is True about the Z gen kids but I was always being taught about old tech stuff by my dad. I know what a reel to reel is, record players, 8 tracks, rotary phones, commodore 64s, & cast iron etc so a little bit of every thing or enough to be dangerous hahaha
Yeah, my dad got me into all this old stuff too. He's all about classic cars, gas pumps, signs, pedal cars, Coke machines, pinball machines, all that stuff. In fact, this was my stroller for a short time!

As for music, I mostly collect CDs and records, but I do occasionally get cassette tapes and 8 tracks.

Yeah, my dad got me into all this old stuff too. He's all about classic cars, gas pumps, signs, pedal cars, Coke machines, pinball machines, all that stuff. In fact, this was my stroller for a short time!

View attachment 1287748

As for music, I mostly collect CDs and records, but I do occasionally get cassette tapes and 8 tracks.
I'll end up inheriting old cast iron stoves, boat motors, guns which I love & anything else my dad has collected or decided to just hold on to. Myself I collect Hot Wheels, Comics, bicycles somewhat & just misc junk I can repurpose or see potential to use or make something cool with.

I'll end up inheriting old cast iron stoves, boat motors, guns which I love & anything else my dad has collected or decided to just hold on to. Myself I collect Hot Wheels, Comics, bicycles somewhat & just misc junk I can repurpose or see potential to use or make something cool with.
Lord knows my brother and I will inherit a ton of stuff from our dad... Personally, I don't collect as much as I did back in my high school/college years, as I've found I hate dusting more than I enjoy collecting. Like you, I also collect Hot Wheels occasionally, comic books (though mostly just Invader Zim,) bicycles and bicycle parts, and anything I can find for free on Craiglist or FB Marketplace that I can repurpose for whatever. I also like to collect car magazines, LEGO, classic car parts, especially brightwork, and movies/TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray. Most of what I collect these days are items I know I'll have a near-immediate use for, whether it's practical or just for play. I don't like collecting stuff that just sits on a shelf gathering dust. I want to read, watch, play with, or just simply use whatever I collect.

Lord knows my brother and I will inherit a ton of stuff from our dad... Personally, I don't collect as much as I did back in my high school/college years, as I've found I hate dusting more than I enjoy collecting. Like you, I also collect Hot Wheels occasionally, comic books (though mostly just Invader Zim,) bicycles and bicycle parts, and anything I can find for free on Craiglist or FB Marketplace that I can repurpose for whatever. I also like to collect car magazines, LEGO, classic car parts, especially brightwork, and movies/TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray. Most of what I collect these days are items I know I'll have a near-immediate use for, whether it's practical or just for play. I don't like collecting stuff that just sits on a shelf gathering dust. I want to read, watch, play with, or just simply use whatever I collect.
Bingo! If I can't enjoy it, can only stare at & dust it then it's not for me. I am not a museum & I wouldn't hesitate to jump on a bike from 1 or fire something that hasn't in years. My 1904 Model 8 .30 cal Remington can attest to that. She then got a full tear down, clean, & finally told me how much powder I needed to make her self load smoothly. Same with a 1915 Mosin Nagant made right here in the USA. It's a Beast in a Archangel kit.

Back