When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Test rides at swap meets

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks for all the great answers....I appreciate it. I've also heard that leaving the pedals off but attached to the bike is a good way to keep it close by.

Mike

I've had the seller ask me if I wanted to ride it before. More than once. Always thought that was weird.

The only time I would let a buyer ride a bike first, was if he were at my house, with his car parked here.

I've never needed to take a test ride myself. I think most of us can spot the flaws, or the quality, or whatever, of a bike we want to buy. I know the rims are bent, the seatpost is stuck, and the tires are flat. The fact that it's unridable makes the price come down.

I really don't have anyone ever ask to test ride a bicycle - Nor do I ask to - If I like it ...I buy it - you can get a good idea of what your looking at purchasing - well by just looking at it - I assume the bicycle needs a going through once purchased anyways - so no point in riding it & a serious buyer would probably know what they're looking at too without a test ride ... Ride Vintage - Frank

If someone wants to try it out, let them try it out. If you don't know them, have them put down some collateral. The end.

A guy I let ride my Iver left his girlfriend as collateral. I'm glad he came back.

Back