When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Testing the waters. Considering selling my 1959 White Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

indiana dave

Finally riding a big boys bike
One of the rarest of the Schwinn Middleweights.
One year only color, and only in the Corvette.
This is one of maybe a dozen known to exist., Search for the "registry" thread in this forum.
I rescued it out of a back yard, and have washed it, scrubbed the white, trying to get it brighter, and polished the chrome, and repacked the bearings, rebuilt the three speed rear hub, and installed new tires and tubes. I think I put new brake pads on also, and maybe shifter and brake cables.
Rides great, but wheels could be a little truer.
Has many scratches and wear on the frame. some dings in the fenders. some more surface rust on the wheels that may be able to be polished out better.
I enjoy riding it like this. With the "almost as found" look.
It is missing the original headlight, but had the generator and tail light. I installed an aftermarket headlight, and both it, and the tail light work,
It was also missing he front rack, but I now have one to put on it.
It's not going to win any bike shows on looks alone, but it is a true survivor, and a very rare bike.
I have no idea of a price I could put on it.
It's a Schwinn middleweight, which are common.
It's a rare color, but not a very pretty bike...
Any thoughts on a fair ballpark price?

white schwinn corvette.jpg

I had one in a little better condition with correct rack but not correct light that went begging. I finally sold it a couple of years ago for $600 to a car guy who had one of these as a kid and restored it even though I told him he was better off leaving it as it was. V/r Shawn

This is one bike that I would restore, if it were mine. White just shows rust so easily that my perfectionism would take over. In my opinion, it is worth about $400-$600.

That's a tough call. If were mine I would just put it somewhere out of the way and forget I had it. If you restore it the originality is gone forever and there is way of proving it was ever white. Unless you need to sell it or are just anxious to start a project I'd say give it more time.

To restore this bike would be almost impossible due to the special decals.I have one and just hang it in my bike room.seems the market is soft,although they are rare.

I would restore it other wise it's just another old bike. As for the decals if you can get some good pictures and dimensions I know a guy who might be able to help with water slide decals. If you want vinyl I know a guy for that.

I would restore it other wise it's just another old bike. As for the decals if you can get some good pictures and dimensions I know a guy who might be able to help with water slide decals. If you want vinyl I know a guy for that.
A one year only rare color bike isn't just another old bike.I've seen two attempts at restoring them and neither came close.the decals on these were a two stage and from what I've been able to tell the gold overlay was hand done.

Back