When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texan Photo?

-

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hoowdy! Anyone have a photo of a Texan Bicycle? This badge popped up for sale and I can't find anything about it. I think it might be Schwinn? Thanks! Barry
TEXAN 01.jpg
TEXAN 02.jpg

I don't think this was off a Schwinn-built bicycle. They were much more careful in re-badging their bicycles for non-bike shop stores.

It probably came off of a Murray, CWC, Huffman, or a Colson. I'd say this is from the 1940s-50s.

There was a special edition Dodge Texan car at this time, built exclusively for Texas Dodge dealers. Perhaps that had some influence?

da0913-165202_2.jpg

5889565000_f6427502a9_m.jpg

I don't think this was off a Schwinn-built bicycle. They were much more careful in re-badging their bicycles for non-bike shop stores.

It probably came off of a Murray, CWC, Huffman, or a Colson. I'd say this is from the 1940s-50s.

There was a special edition Dodge Texan car at this time, built exclusively for Texas Dodge dealers. Perhaps that had some influence?

View attachment 649605

View attachment 649606
I have an Ad saying Massie sold Schwinn built bicycles with the Texan badge.

Schwinn was the Advertised brand and then the Ad also said they Repair bicycles, sell Tires, do Repainting, sell supplies for all makes and also offered free delivery.

Last edited:
I've been writing a book on the many names used on Schwinn bicycles and the badges that went along with them. I'm saving cool little things like the Ad for the book. I'd love to show it now but I'm up to 245 pages and hope to print the Book this fall. I've been talking about it for years and lots of friends and other fellow bicycle freaks are looking forward to reading all the interesting information I've found. I hope I don't offend you and I think you will enjoy checking it out in the book. Have a great day! Barry

I've been writing a book on the many names used on Schwinn bicycles and the badges that went along with them. I'm saving cool little things like the Ad for the book. I'd love to show it now but I'm up to 245 pages and hope to print the Book this fall. I've been talking about it for years and lots of friends and other fellow bicycle freaks are looking forward to reading all the interesting information I've found. I hope I don't offend you and I think you will enjoy checking it out in the book. Have a great day! Barry

I am always researching bikes. While my niche is Huffman (blasphemy in the Schwinn forum!), I totally understand. The Radiobike is my latest research project. It occurred to me that little was known about them, and I have vehemently sought answers. I have shared bits and pieces of my research here, and uploaded many catalogs for public view. Some people really go the extra mile, it is much like archaeology. For that, there is a price. No offense meant!!

Cool! Good luck with your research! I also have posted lots of info including catalogs, ads, badges etc. but want to save some of it for the book. I've been working on this for five years and have put thousands of hours into it. I think people will enjoy all the information I have compiled. I've found over 200 Companies or Shops etc. that sold Schwinn bikes with their own badge on it. The more I find, the more I realize how many more may still be waiting to be found. You could by a Schwinn through 15,000 different outlets before WWII.

I think I post of my time in scouring old literature. Lots of time. So much of it thrown out.

I thought this badge was postwar?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back