When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texan Photo?

-
I think I post of my time in scouring old literature. Lots of time. So much of it thrown out.

I thought this badge was postwar?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The Ad I have is from 1940. That's why I was asking for some photos of some bicycles. I want to see if they had an earlier version of the badge or if this is the one that was on the 1940 models. Barry

I realize in you quoting me that I have a gramatical error in my post. I meant to say, "I think I spend most"

Now, that is going to drive me nuts. Lol.

I am not planning on leaving anytime soon!

No worries, I'm a hunt and peck kind of guy! I miss all kinds of words and my grammar sucks!

I was in the top ten spellers of my school, undefeated at class level, mom made it to state level, and my granny taught English.

I must admit, texting and smart phones have caused me to slip. Neither existed when I was in spelling bees.

I just got a cell phone last week and came over to the dark side. It's been a challenge, but I was losing touch with everyone. I'm not on facebook or any of the other forums and needed the cell phone for contacting fellow bike freaks and sending photos. I'd say the camera is the best part about the phone.

Last year I couldn't spell GRADGIEET, now I are one!

Last edited:
The Ad I have is from 1940. That's why I was asking for some photos of some bicycles. I want to see if they had an earlier version of the badge or if this is the one that was on the 1940 models. Barry
Post war ads and catalogs are tough as it is, but pre-war is even more tough to find. A lot got donated to scrap drives for the war effort. Many weren't even printed from 1941-45.

There must be a little old house, in Texas somewhere, with the literature inside.

Maybe you could answer a question? I don't know that much about the different features on prewar Schwinn bicycles. I have a bicycle for an example in the book that has the Aluminum fenders. I would like to tell what years you could order this option. Do you know?
Thank you! Barry

I wish they would send it my way! I need more information!

Never stop digging. In my step-dad's house, with decades of clutter, there were some bicycle things in there. Some of which, I will upload. Some were sold, and some, got mistakenly pitched. Nothing too old, all 70's era, but you never know. I found most of it in a bedroom and coat closet. It was not the kind of house you would expect to find transportation memorabilia in. Attend all estate sales you can, make friends with estate sellers, and go through all the papers, boxes, bags, etc. The best stuff is never out on a shelf or display.

Last edited:
Back