When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 40 year tale of the Pea

-
Both bikes are beautiful. I was always jealous of the kids that had them. My first real bike (still trying to remember
what it was, Ross or Schwinn) was stolen the first day I rode it to school in 3rd grade. After that my friends and I
would build bikes from the dump parts. Early mechanic years. Wouldn't trade that, but damn I can't tell you how
I felt standing there at the bike rack on that windy day, looking around and waiting for someone to come peddling
back with my "Blue Flame", saying something like, "Nice bike Pete. I just wanted to take it for a spin. Here you go."
In my mind I'm still standing there, waiting. (Pink Floyd wind noise here.) 🥲 Some time later when I was in Jr. High
the Iverson Factory opened a few miles from our house on Long Island and we did the tour. Mom and Dad surprised
me that Christmas with a new bike. Kept two locks on that one. 😆 We'd shoot bottle rockets out of the frame pipe.
Don't remember the model of that one either. I think Iverson was short lived after that factory. We dumpster dived
Iverson's for parts once and nearly got caught. I was so scared I never went back. The cool kids didn't care. 😎
So yeah, these two here are real survivors. Keep 'em safe and clean. Mean machines! Yeah! Diggin' 'em.

A best buddy back in the krate era was a famous child actor and being the cash cow of the family
he received a brand new Cotton Picker for Xmas from the Schwinn shop on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City
I on the other hand ended up with a fake Stingray from Fedco made by Royce Union, blechh what a drag.
So my friend was a bit spoiled and pamperedand his parents wouldn't let him ride the Cotton
too far around the neighborhood.. I on the other hand was free of his parental domination
and would ride his bike all over the place, def put more miles on it than he did. The good ol' days.
"Hey can I borrow your bike? See ya!!!" 😛

So I guess I 'sorta' had a krate growing up! yay!

Outsdanding example,and superb condition! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing a great story.

Back