When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The amazing way bicycles change you

-
thumbsup.gif

I strangely feel more free on a bike than in a car and I used to be a serious car guy and drive a decently fun car (modern traffic and 50k miles/yr. driving has diminished enjoyment immensely). I'd be fine with never driving again if I could realistically get everywhere by bicycle. When I drive, I hate everyone—a WW2 fighter pilot in the midst of a melee—but when I ride I am a patient, pleasant person that I have trouble recognizing.

I strangely feel more free on a bike than in a car and I used to be a serious car guy and drive a decently fun car (modern traffic and 50k miles/yr. driving has diminished enjoyment immensely). I'd be fine with never driving again if I could realistically get everywhere by bicycle. When I drive, I hate everyone—a WW2 fighter pilot in the midst of a melee—but when I ride I am a patient, pleasant person that I have trouble recognizing.
I know what you mean. It's bad enough dealing with cell phone zombies, but some people are just rude. I need a set-up like James Bond's DB5.

I'm smiling on the inside!
WP_20170917_10_09_48_Pro.jpg

Wouldn't want to scare the natives any more than I already do. Lol.
Seriously though, I do feel an awful lot happier whilst cycling.
Great talk above, who can argue with the guy. I wish the U.K. had invested as the Dutch have, but sadly the tyranny of the car overarches everything else.
I'm with @cyclingday on that greatest invention thing; freedom, liberation, happiness and health, you've got to love a bike ride!

I found this tonight and thought it was particularly interesting. What do y'all think!? Do you smile like a fool while riding like I do?

The bicycle has literally saved my life and nearly taken my life on more than a few occasions.
Greatest invention of mankind as far as I'm concerned.

I'm smiling on the inside!View attachment 694371
Wouldn't want to scare the natives any more than I already do. Lol.
Seriously though, I do feel an awful lot happier whilst cycling.
Great talk above, who can argue with the guy. I wish the U.K. had invested as the Dutch have, but sadly the tyranny of the car overarches everything else.
I'm with @cyclingday on that greatest invention thing; freedom, liberation, happiness and health, you've got to love a bike ride!
Here's another good 1 to watch:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415567044.567230.jpg

Enjoy the Ride.

I'm 60, my at-rest pulse is 42, and BP the same as when I was 19.
Tough winter for riding between our weather and my daughter's senior-year HS wrestling state-championship bid.
But I managed to get out twice last week (once in the rain). On the pretty day, I chatted with a 67-y-o with two hip replacements and the same at-rest pulse.
Circulation is everything, and a bike is the best way to burn calories, improve circulation, and have fun at the same time. Won't even go through my list of injuries that act up when I can't get on the bike.

HFccrmU.jpg

Last edited:
Back