When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Art Deco Racer" CCM Flyte project.....

-

37ccmflyte

Finally riding a big boys bike
It started with a kiss. No. No it really didn't. It started when I bought this frame and fork set a few years ago.... a frame and fork looking for a new life.
I life as my Art Deco CCM Flyte racer as it turned out. And when I say "racer" I mean a total poser that just looks like a period racer....

CCM - Copy.jpg

I started looking obsessively (is there any other way???) at old race bikes on the net looking for ideas I liked and I could build into the bike..... saving pictures, making plans.... some more sensible than others. But what the hell, I never let "being sensible" get in my way before so why start now ha???? :) So curved cranks became a part of the plan....

I wanted the cranks to be the same length so I bought one extra crank. And cut it and used it to be the bottom of one and the top of the other..... hence only one weld.
They are tapered also which was a small issue.
So I went about making a bending and welding jig....

P3270425.jpg

P3270426.jpg

P3270427.jpg

Last edited:
Back