When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The backwards fender trend

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Passing the time, while looking on ebay as well as Craigslist for project bike , I noticed across about 6 bikes that had the front fender mounted backwards. Did I miss the memo, or something?

That isn't only a CL thing. You can go and look at new bikes at Walmart and see the same thing. Roger

I think it's some stupid fad that someone started and it caught on like a California wild fire. Kind a like calling a ballooner a heavyweight.
willy_nilly.gif
smilielol5.gif

Passing the time, while looking on ebay as well as Craigslist for project bike , I noticed across about 6 bikes that had the front fender mounted backwards. Did I miss the memo, or something?
I guess I did miss the memo. My brother in law found this and passed it on to me. The backwards fork thing, not so much fender...The fade is "scraper bikes" originated in Oakland CA. Take a BMX frame, flip the front fork backwards . Put 27 inch wheels, that the spokes have been covered with Duct tape to simulate mag wheels, on it. "Donking " it.
Scraper5-202x300.jpg
images.jpg

I guess I did miss the memo. My brother in law found this and passed it on to me. The backwards fork thing, not so much fender...The fade is "scraper bikes" originated in Oakland CA. Take a BMX frame, flip the front fork backwards . Put 27 inch wheels, that the spokes have been covered with Duct tape to simulate mag wheels, on it. "Donking " it.

Oh, great, the "Scraper Bikes" video I haven't seen in years... Now I won't be able to get that out of my head all day. Wish I had never looked that up.

I didn't know it was a thing either. I just thought it was stupid lazy people that didn't know any better.

Back