When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Basic Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JimRoy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have fixed up and restored many bikes over the years, and for the nice ones I always strive to make them a deluxe model by installing a front light, tank with horn, rear rack, etc. When I get them completed, sometimes I think bikes without all that stuff look better. Am I weird, or does anyone else agree? JimRoy.

Maybe so, but when it comes to riding, they’re the last bikes I choose to ride. Extra weight and rattling, give me a bare bones bike!

DB71B47E-2C5D-4139-9849-F79440400CED.jpeg

I can appreciate the aesthetics of all the gear for someone else to own, but if it doesn't at least serve a purpose, like practical storage or other function, I don't want it and I usually like the simpler looks better.

I'm going to improvise a new bike class. Some unknowing fool years ago came up with the class name Heavyweight for the balloon tire bikes, so I'll call the bare bones ballooners heavyweights and then the full blown models with tanks, carriers and atrocious looking lights an Overweight.
1555895772857.png

Back