When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The bike of Christmas past

-

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Picked up this very crusty 38 Elgin at Trextertown. Very rough, but pretty solid & complete. One of my bargaining points with the seller was that I would have to find a back way out as it was too embarrassing to roll this one past everyone. Posted this one as my halloween contribution, now it's going for Christmas. Getting a lot of mileage out of her & she's not even ridable yet. Everything seemed original, seat, wheels, headbadge, but no truss rods, carrier, & fender not drilled for a light. Did these bikes come w/o them, all photo's that I've seem show them on the bikes? Waiting for tires & may add subtle Elgin striping. Bicycle Belle had posted a similar bike that I liked, done that way.

Attachments

• P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 178
  • P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 193
Your bike came with or without truss rods and head lights. If it had a headlight, the fender has a flatted area where the screw holes are. I think that I may have an extra set of truss rods that I can sell or trade.
38_elgin_girls.jpg
39_elgin_girls.jpg

Fat tire trader, Thanks for the info. From those pages it appears that I may have a Sears bargain special. Just got the tires yesterday, when I get it together & see how it looks, I might want to add truss rods.

Back