When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The bike you've owned the longest?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Mine is a 1976 schwinn scrambler that i customized way back when i was in my early 20s....i gave it to my little girl...now 11 and she still rides it....and she smiles all cheesey like when she rides it.....itll be a keeper for a while....

I had to put some thought into that question...
For about a year or so before I joined the Cabe Fall 2010, I had gotten into vintage bicycles and they are all gone when I made a decision to focus on prewar balloon tire, original condition.
The only bicycle I have pre-Cabe is my Silver King M1 off Missouri's craigslist, actually it was paired with a girls model and the seller shipped both to me (took about 6 nervous weeks).
When I think of this bike, I remember it being almost free after selling parts from the girls and made my first friend in fordsnake in that exchange.
Chris

Still have all of my old acquisitions. My grandfather is a bit of a pack rat in that he keeps all his old stuff. When I was 10 I got my dad's old Higgins middleweight from that barn. That was in '93. My dad and refurbished it. When I was 14, I got my grandpa's 1936 Schwinn out of there. I refurbished that in '97. That was my main rider in high school until I got a car. I got my 1974 Raleigh as a $30 bike in college in 2003. Still have that one and ride it at least 2x per week when the weather permits.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Tanklight bike

I was drawn to this hobby because of the Tanklight bikes. In the spring of 2011....geez that wasn't that long ago. Just short of 3 years ago.
Being a beach goer here in Va. Beach, the passion started when I saw a Spaceliner on the bike path at the Ocean front.
I had to have one!!!! It took a while to find a decent Spaceliner but, they too were sold. Sellers remorse for sure.

So the first was this 59 Ross Deluxe...no longer in my collection
attachment.php

But, the next few months was a buying frenzy. I had to have every tanklight bike I could find.
The one bike that I refuse to let go of was found 5 hours away. The wife thought I was nuts. The 65 Astro Flite
Bought these 2 bikes that day and still have them both....66 Huffy Eldorado and a 65 Murray Astro Flite...but, the Astro Flite was the one, that I was really proud of, chromed framed "forward thrust" tanklight and blinking taillight...WOW!!!!

65 Astro Flite
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

66 Eldorado
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I've owned this 1965 deluxe racer since 1998 got it the same day I went and bought my first bike at only 14yrs old. I had already had my first long term job for over a month and decided I was too grown up to ask for a ride to work anymore. I restored the racer around 2000.

My picture won't load, but it is the one in my avatar.

Mine is a 1980 Raleigh Competition G.S.
I was drinking heavily at the time, and I pulled up to the Liquor store, and there just happened to be a bike shop next door with that Raleigh hanging in the window.
That day, I made the decision to buy that bike instead of another twelve pack, and I never looked back.
That bike saved my life, so I don't think that I will ever get rid of it.

Mine is a 1980 Raleigh Competition G.S.
I was drinking heavily at the time, and I pulled up to the Liquor store, and there just happened to be a bike shop next door with that Raleigh hanging in the window.
That day, I made the decision to buy that bike instead of another twelve pack, and I never looked back.
That bike saved my life, so I don't think that I will ever get rid of it.

That is awesome !!!.....Bikes keep me from smoking ..I would rather buy parts than a carton anyday !!!

The one that I've had the longest is a mongrel Schwinn cantilever I cobbled together in the clunker style back in 1994 or so. Built the wheels myself around old moped drum brakes. 3 piece bottom bracket conversion so I could run a triple ring up front. Frame was overpainted black by a PO, but is Radiant Green under. Was my college bike through all sorts of weather. Not worth a darn from a collectable standpoint, but it was something that I created from parts and it worked well. In the garage and doesn't see the sun near enough.
Cheers, Geoff

Back