When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Brady Bunch

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Monark52

Wore out three sets of tires already!
They are airing reruns of The Brady Bunch in my area. I set the DVR to record some episodes so I could see what kind of bikes they had. Well it turns out that they all rode bare bones Western Flyers. I guess with 6 kids they really couldn't afford to buy them all Schwinns!

What era?

They are airing reruns of The Brady Bunch in my area. I set the DVR to record some episodes so I could see what kind of bikes they had. Well it turns out that they all rode bare bones Western Flyers. I guess with 6 kids they really couldn't afford to buy them all Schwinns!

I forget, What time frame were they portraying?

I believe it ran from 1969-1974. The father drove a nice Barracuda convertible in the show too.

Since Jan wouldn't wear her glasses there was no sense in buying her a nice bike to crash into the trash cans.

Another show from that era or perhaps a bit later was the Waltons ( goodnight Maryellen, Goodnight JohnBoy)........they were portraying the late 30s or early 40s. I don't remember the bicycles but there were some pretty cool early motorcycles on the show.

Here's a bike safety video from back in the day:

[video=youtube;cQgAMkMmsfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQgAMkMmsfg[/video]

old shows bikes

ive seen opie on andy griffin show ridding wha i think is a black monark with dual headlites and a schwinn lightweight camel back with manual 2 speed,his fried showed up on a candy red jc higgins show is on every day,couple hours in morning and eavening

Back