When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Cabe Quiz for prizes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The Cabe Quiz has been on for 24 hours and no one got all of them right. Cabe members Schwinja , StoneWoods and higgins all got three wrong answers each , but not on the same questions.
In order of their postings Schwinja is the winner with 13 correct answers. StoneWoods the second runner up with 13 correct answers and higgins ... since he also got 13 correct I will nose through the trash and send him something "special" too.
Thank you all for looking at this thread and would like do this again sometime soon. Hope other Cabe members will add to this and do other fun quizzes in the future.
Let's hear some feedback from members for suggestions and if you would like this thread to continue or not.

The answers to the quiz were:
#1 B
2 C
3 C
4 C
5 B
6 C
7 C
8 C
9 D
10 D
11 C
12 B
13 C
14 B
15 D
16 D

Winners... please P.M. me your addresses.

@the tinker I tried my best to participate and win! I was stumped by Springer questions, and differences between them, etc. I am here to learn and hopefully help the beginners when i can... from all you guys that have been doing this stuff for more years than me. Thanks.
I still want the correct answers posted for Knowledge.

I think its a great idea.
I got 10 answers right; #11 and #12 I didn't even guess, missed #5, 6, 7,10, 11, and 12
More Please.

I was just checking now that I did in fact post the results last week. Well over 200 folks looked at the quiz before it expired.
It was fun doing this and I wish others would do the same in the future .
The only cost to me was less than ten bucks postage mailing out the prizes to the top three contenders.
All it takes is really the time write out some questions and a trip to the post office.Hope everyone enjoyed it.:)

Time for another Cabe Quiz !
This time first prize will be this 167 page book "Huffman".
008.JPG
A very good book book about Huffmans. 2nd. and third place will get whatever bicycle related thing I can dig outta the trash. The rules are listed on the earlier first contest post.Please read them. Sorry, contest only open to continental United States members . Please list your answers like " schinnja" did his to make it easy for me to grade.Remember there is only one right answer. If you are in doubt ,that answer will be more right than the other three. Also to win, somewhere in your reply post you must say "I love the Cabe " Good luck everyone.

Memory Lane is a great place to find bicycle parts and has their spring swap coming up in Ohio. Who were the two founders of Memory lane classic bicycles?

A. Edward and Bonnie Schwinn
B. Robert and John Shelby
C. Harvey Trombley and Larry Busch
D. D. P. Harris and Horace Huffman

Murray of Ohio Manufacturing Co. is a longtime maker of not only bicycles but other non-bicycle related products.
Ford Motor Co. reputedly sued them because:

A. Murray built the frames for the 1955 Thunderbird and they were defective.
B. They hated bicycle manufacturers.
C. Murray came out with a new bike they named " Mercury."
D .Murray stamped out Ford Wheel covers in 1955 and they all were defective.

If you came home and your wife said she bought a "Colson Cushioner" for your birthday present . She may have bought you:

A. A new recliner
B. The deluxe foam padded saddle from Colson Co. for your daily rider.
C. A new vibrating bed.
D. an old bike.

What bicycle company at one time also made batteries?

A. Schwinn
B. Wald Manufacturing Co.
C. Murray of Ohio Manufacturing
D. Monark Silver King Co. of Chicago.

On the frame of old Schwinn built bicycles , just a few inches below the front of the saddle you will find:

A. The complete date of manufacture
B. The paint code.
C. Four stamped numbers denoting the year of manufacture.
D. The Seal Of Quality

If you were outside at a bicycle swap and you saw a B 707, you would be probably looking :

A. at a Western flyer X53
B. up at an airplane
C. at a J. C. Higgins Jet flow
D. at a Schwinn Auto Cycle

In 1938 a company that had one time made motor cycles and bicycles introduced a delivery bicycle called the " Cycle Truck".
This company was:

A. Harley Davidson co.
B. Indian Manufacturing
C. Davis sewing Machine Co.
D Schwinn

What bicycle manufacturer produced a bike in 1955 that had a Motorola Radio in it's tank?

A. Schwinn
B. Evans-Colson
C. Huffy
D. Monark Silver King Co.

You overhear someone at a bike swap excitedly say, " I just got a chrome hockey stick ."You would think:

A. He must be a hockey player.
B. He must have bought a chrome New Departure brake arm.
C. He must have bought a chrome Morrow brake arm.
D. He got a chainguard .

# 10
You see an old Schwinn at a garage sale. The seller claims his grandfather bought it during the Great Depression .
You notice the serial number is stamped on the left rear dropout. You would:

A. Quickly try to buy the bike because it is a rare Schwinn.
B. Tell him that Schwinn did not make bikes during the depression because they went bankrupt .
C. Tell him he is a rotten liar and that he probably never had a grandfather.
D. Tell him it appears the bike was built during the fifties.

Gambles Department Store at one time briefly owned the following Company:

A. Murray Of Ohio Manufacturing
B. The Cleveland Welding Co.
C. Proctor & Gamble Soap Co.
D. Shelby Bicycle Co.

In the early 1990's the term "Death Bike" was coined . It referred to a certain bike. It was the:

A. The newly re-issued Schwinn Black phantom.
B. The re-pop Schwinn "Grey Ghost"
C. The 1938 Twin flex
D. Schwinn's 1955 Spitfire bike, because actor James Dean was killed while riding it.

The first lucky Cabe boy or girl that gets all 12 correct or the most correct and post it first wins. Contest ends at 2400 Saturday. :)
Good luck and have fun!

OK, OK, I love the CABE. I think I probably got a couple of easy ones wrong, but here goes.
1) C
2) C
3) D
4) D
5) D
6) D
7) D
8) C
9) D
10) D
11) D
12) C