When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Crown Jewel of my license plate collection.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

island schwinn

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I've had several fiber plates from the WW2 era,but this has to be my rarest.kinda giddy to add it to my collection.
20180831_160801.jpg

Does the color of the plate have anything to do with decades or year(s)? I’d like to find a 1930s era plate from Chico, Ca. Anything from Visalia, CA would be nice to have too. Nice collection.
-Jake

Last edited:
Unless it's a fiber tag which usually means ww2 issue, the styles and colors are all over the board. Some city's used dated every year and some didn't. Style's changed, more than likely when they went to a new supplier. Colors would change to contrast years but no rhyme or reason to it all.

If you look at the left side of my display, you can see the larger plates.most from the 30's. The majority are the smaller sized plates, and as mentioned,I've never noticed any correlation between years and colors.

Love the old bike license plates. I always say I am going to collect them but I always sell them when I get them.

Back