When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Cycle King is Dead...Long Live the Cycle King

-

crazyhawk

Riding an Americolor Shelby
I picked up this crusty Monark Cycle King (the coolest manly-man name for a bike in my opinion) at the fall Grand Rapids Swap last month. I thought it looked cool but a little too rusty. So I decided to just do a light clean-up on it and make it a fun rider. It'll never be a valuable show stopper but it has nice honest aging that I love. It's not a dramatic change, and I didn't spend much time or money on it, but like the results. It got a very light Oxalic Acid bath followed by silver spray paint removal from everywhere. Then grease, re-assembly, and finally, a RIDE! It rides great. Take a look....

I picked up this crusty Monark Cycle King (the coolest manly-man name for a bike in my opinion) at the fall Grand Rapids Swap last month. I thought it looked cool but a little too rusty. So I decided to just do a light clean-up on it and make it a fun rider. It'll never be a valuable show stopper but it has nice honest aging that I love. It's not a dramatic change, and I didn't spend much time or money on it, but like the results. It got a very light Oxalic Acid bath followed by silver spray paint removal from everywhere. Then grease, re-assembly, and finally, a RIDE! It rides great. Take a look....View attachment 1093026

View attachment 1093027

View attachment 1093028

View attachment 1093029

View attachment 1093030

View attachment 1093031
Nice !!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'd say it's a pretty dramatic change...for the better for sure. Who would have thought that green paint was under all that rust Not this guy :). Nice job!

Wow. That cleaned up very nice. Especially the rack. And i thought it was more of a blueish color. o_O good that you painted the light to match.

Back